Your choice of a Central Indiana custom home builder will be the most important decision you will make toward determining your eventual satisfaction with and lifelong enjoyment of your new house.
Your decision also greatly affects your life during the project, so we urge you to take the time to fully familiarize yourself with the builders, designs, and detailed cost estimates under consideration before you make a final commitment.
Build a Custom Home & Enjoy the Experience
Madison Custom Homes Inc. is dedicated to making your home building project a smooth, low-stress, and enjoyable experience. We work closely with you through several phases of consideration, to help you fully establish all the requirements of your custom dream home.
PHASE ONE / FIRST MEETING
At our initial meeting, we start by asking some basic questions, such as:
- Do you have a lot or land?
- If not, do you need us to help your look for a suitable location to build? Where, or in what area, do you want to live?
- What style home do you need?
- Single level or ranch – empty-nesters may need additional adjustments, such as wider hallways, easy accessibility, etc.
- Master on main level with other bedrooms upstairs – families with older children may want bedrooms on separate level.
- Master upstairs along with the other bedrooms – families with young children tend to want all bedrooms on same level.
- Do you have plans already drawn?
Most home buyers do not have 1/4″ scale construction plans, just some initial ideas of what they like or want. If you do have scaled plans, we can move directly to specifications and pricing.
- Do you want help designing the house?,
We like to be involved in this stage to help control costs. Architects and draftsmen may draw up a beautiful home, but they do not price and build them. That’s our job. Our involvement lets us help keep costs in line during the planning stage.
- Will the house you envision fit on your lot as designed?
Physical challenges, utility paths, and zoning requirements frequently force the need to alter plans or apply for variances
- What is your budget?
Our open book pricing policy allows you continually verify your costs and budget.
Based on the answers to these and other questions, we can start developing initial design concepts in preparation for the next phase.
The next meeting(s) will be to look at lots, if necessary, or begin the design phase in preparation for determining the cost of the project.
During this phase of the process, we focus on:
- Selecting lots and the cost variables associated with each lot under consideration
- Designing plans and working with a draftsman (if applicable)
- Finalizing plans with the draftsman (if applicable)
- Determining the price of the custom home based on its specifications:
- Clients or homeowners visit showrooms to make pre-selections
- We use supplier brochures and catalogs to determine material options, such as windows, doors, hardware, appliances, etc.
- Subcontractors receive copy of plans and specifications to determine their costs
- Final specifications and price are set
At this point, we present you with completed initial specifications and detailed cost estimate. You will have all of the information you need to make an informed decision about letting us build your new custom home.